12.4.05

to snicker or not to (snicker).

Sometime soon I hope to address the question: what happens when you fall off the no-cholesterol wagon? What's the best way to fail? Not that I have. Weekend food intake has revolved around salmon + mackerel, supplemented by All-Bran, bulgur and dried fruit. And a Snickers. Thus...

The failing I'm talking about is the choice between a falafel and a Snickers, or a piece of pizza vs. a chicken wing. Late-night, convenience-oriented eating. Oh, I know the real answer is to NOT. Or, to snag an apple. But I'm being realistic here. This is a science-oriented post, so it's going to take a few days to finish (not that I'm doing days worth of research. I just know I'm going to have to sneak in an hour here and there, but I'm going to post this anyway so I'll remember to do it).

Note: Turns out I never finished this because the answer is...(drumroll): don't eat at night. Especially, don't eat anything with high-fructose corn syrup in it like a Snickers, you dumb motherfucker. Eat an apple with peanut butter. Absolute Worst Case: falafel.

No comments: