28.3.08

hibernation.











I do wish I'd had my camera with me last night b/c our talented dinner host made the cutest little flatbreads, with perfect griddle marks and everything. So with a nicely spicy mixture of ground beef, pine nuts and hummus, we had these warm little clouds of flatness as the delivery mechanism.

This is the kind of thing that periodically makes me wish I had the patience/discipline/skill to work with flour...I think they call that baking, don't they. I guess that's why I haven't yet purchased the Koekje book pictured above. It's a beautifully designed book from two of The Netherlands' most respected patissiers....aw, heck just read Julia's post about it.

+++

Oh, right: hibernation. I'm spending the weekend indoors hopefully, even though that doesn't sound like any fun at all at the moment. It's Double Headphone Time again. Which usually means pretty boring eating, but I'll see what I can do.

No comments: