2.4.08

that explains it.











As someone who revels in the grammar-rule-thwarting creative possibilities of profanity, I'm generally unamused when uptight people begin to autoclench in the presence of the unholy word. I'm also tinily depressed when otherwise intelligent-seeming people expend a lot of effort arguing that cursing is a "crutch" to hide the fact that one can't think of anything truly creative to say. To which I of course unimaginatively say, "bullshit".

So it was with intrigue and a measure of satisfaction that I read Steven Pinker's highly informative piece on human swearing called What the F***. Join me, won't you?

+++

The screencaps here are from a movie that wouldn't be the same without its bad words, Me and You and Everyone We Know.

))<>((.

Forever.

No comments: