8.10.08

procrastination hacks.

















Sigh. It's become clear over the past 120 minutes that under normal non-fasting circumstances, I eat when I'm procrastinating. Not a lot, just like a nut here or a prune there or maybe a bite of leftovers, but it's one of the things I do to break up the monotony of "single-item procrastination", like compulsively checking email. 

I can only drink so much water/tea...I'm up over 3 liters today. My mouth wants to chomp. I guess this is why people smoke, huh. 

OK, so I'm going to hack myself. I've linked to this before, but it really seems to help me if I can manage to remember what I'm doing. This is called Procrastination Hack: '(10+2)*5'. As the article mentions, the payoff comes after you've managed to complete a couple of 10-minute segments and you fall into a rhythm, at which point you realize "Hey, what if I didn't take all of these breaks..." It's ludicrous that we have to trick ourselves, but that's what it's come to. Ludicrous, but effective. 

Here's how sorry my ass is: I downloaded a nice freeware stopwatch app to remind me about the 10 minutes of work I'm supposed to be doing. 

+++ 

The above actually worked really well this evening, I accomplished things. One thing I accomplished was to finally see this Giada Delaurentiis creature in action. Holy fucking Jesus in hell is she annoyingly perky. And not even her not-insignificant jiggle could sufficiently distract me from that ahhhhhhhhhhh, that voice.  And those teeth. Why is she constantly showing them to us? She's like a Greyhound Barbie with an upset stomach. 



+++

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

excuse me, i find this particular young lady quite pleasing for the eye...
you judgemental fuck

MEM said...

How did I not respond to this when it happened? Oh, Anonymous man. Like ships in the night we were.