19.6.09

alligator, mole.























More detail to come, but for now: what we have here is a pretty OK Gator Taco, a not-so-great Cajun Egg Roll, and a perfectly delicious Abita Turbodog from AJ's (we just wanted a tiny bit of food, and these were the smallest things on the menu...turns out they were also the least impressive things we've eaten there).

Then a few hours later we made a series of small plates for the family dinner: some Monterey Jack and mole quesadillas (yes, mole from a jar); some shrimp satays with peanut sauce + some of those reliable quick Surinamese pickles (because there we are overwhelmed with cucumbers from the garden), plus a watermelon-feta-mint-balsamic salad that I've been wanting to make for a long time, very good.

Sorry for the oversaturated photos, I'm not using my computer, and the image-tweaking software I'm currently using has no patience for my normal shenanigans. It's also a Mac keyboard, and so my typing isn't what it should be. Typos abound.




No comments: