1.7.09

social event #18.













I wish I had enough time to describe this peach to you, but I really can't even say how long it would take. #3117 was a good peach. I had to eat it standing over the sink for a number of reasons.






















+++













I like the look of this grocery receipt. There's a certain amount of foreshadowing there.













Your advanced deductive reasoning will no doubt already have determined that we had a family barbecue last evening. Burgers, brats, a pretty good baked beans recipe, that corn salad thing, homemade pickles, lots of tomatoes, etc. etc. etc. And then, just to be safe, lots of billiards and a little tequila.

In the above photo, the light-skinned dogs are your traditional pork bratwursts, the darkest dogs are beef brats, and the mocha-colored ones are Tofurky kielbasa. As followers of this blog may remember, we have a certain fascination with "flesh substitutes", and when we were looking for vegetarian things to grill, the Tofurky things were the only viable option at our local Publix.

Our review? They were...inedible. as if you'd filled the inside of an empty toilet paper roll with unsalted bread and thrown it on the grill. I really can't believe these things didn't just burn up like kindling. So dry. And virtually tasteless. And of course they were more expensive than the beef or pork brats. I would not be at all surprised to discover that the beef industry was actually behind Tofurky, as a sort of sabotage, a way to push possible vegetarians back into Camp Carnivore.













And today a little snuggling.

+++

2 comments:

Klary Koopmans said...

... and something called tofurkey kielbasa... ????

MEM said...

thanks for reminding me, my review has been added to the post....