13.8.09

he was depress.













Haven't really mentioned this, nor have I gone back through the VDuck archives to check on how historically detectable this is from my summertime posts (actually, I just checked, it's mostly not, except for 2007), but...I have a problem with August.

A mental problem. No idea what it is, but for the last four or five Augusts, my mood has plummeted into a deep, dark, black blackness of blackitude that is always as untimely as it is confounding. It typically starts in July or thereabouts and lasts until mid-August or whenever I end up throwing in the towel. And then by the beginning of September I seem to manage to put it away for a while and get on with whatever it is I normally do.

So this is where we find ourselves at the moment. Though this year hasn't been one of the worst, today was one of the lower days thus far in this year's episode, and I was planning on trying some more beach therapy, but logistics slipped away from me and I ended up going on a pretty therapeutic bike ride instead, down the Amstel. On our way down there, Mara and I got caught up in a tiny swarm of mini-Maras (above). On my way back, I had to stop for reinforcements, including these musket balls of fried bakkeljauw.













+++


No comments: