12.8.09

and the weathermen shrug their shoulders.













I went to the beach yesterday, an act that flew in the face of all meteorological data available to me. And, true, when I first got there, it looked like this:









Gray and cold. But I had patience on my side. And something else: about once an hour, one or more tractors would slowly chug by, pulling some kind of mood-brightening mobile kitchen, usually fish-related. From the one pictured above I scored some fried mussels.













And then by the next time this tractor came around, the weather had brightened considerably.












But I'd had my fill of tractor food. So I took myself a few meters away:













And then I ordered this:













Which is not bacon, but close. It's something I do quite often at home and I had to see how their version was: fried serrano ham. They served it with guacamole and mayonnaise, which could have been interesting, but the guac was out of a packet or something.

And then I enjoyed about three more hours of beautyeous sunshine before catching a train home. Stinking weathermen.













+++

No comments: