14.9.09

the wurst is over.

















As in, I CANNOT EAT ANYMORE SAUSAGE.

Get it? I love sausage. But I hit my limit on Friday or so and still somehow managed to accidentally have a bratwurst yesterday. But I mean it now, no more sausage.

+++

Pictured above: the bar at Reichenow, the massively cool farmhouse where we spent last week.

So, today was supposed to be my first obligation-free day in Berlin, but a nasty night of sleep has curtailed my ambitions for the day. I guess for now I'll just content myself with the fact that I wasn't one of the people packing their suitcases in my room between 6am and 9am this morning...I'm happy to still be here, even more so now that I've moved out of the main communal sleep area and into my own little alcove that has a makeshift wall and curtain to separate it from the pack.

If I manage to rally, some friends are playing at Ausland tonight, it should be great.

My plans for Tuesday and Wednesday are modest: a tiny bit of shopping, a tiny bit of eating, and a tiny bit of socializing. And probably a lot of walking.

My eating goals are simple. Probably KaDeWe for oysters. And then there's a Michelin one-star restaurant down the street that is thoughtful enough to have an informal and afforable bar menu for the likes of me. So I'm going to pop in either tonight or tomorrow and try not to have any sausage.

No more sausage, no more beer. Got it? Unless I lose control at Lebensmittel im Mitte.

+++

No comments: