18.10.09

orange crushed.



Bought a pile of fresh turmeric at Lee Lee yesterday, and as always the question is then, "mmm, yes, wonderful, but what do I do with it again?" The answer tends to be something Thai or Indonesian, and in this case I think it might be this.

+++

Still struggling to get on a sleep schedule that actually involves sleep. Last night's obstacles were the relentless stifling temperature and the looming 9am wake-up call from Nephew Cole. Tomorrow I have a day to myself, and it is my sincere hope that the lack of commitments will result in a dreamless, peaceful, or at least somehow otherwise refreshing reality break during the darktime hours.

+++

The Mysteries of Pittsburgh continues to occupy my thoughts. I finally watched the first ten minutes of it, and it's just, eh....sad, in the 21st century version of the word: sad that this abject failure was a labor of love for the filmmaker, sad that someone in a supposedly creative field could so insensitively patch together choice verbiage from the book with pedestrian, uninspired filler designed solely to transition us into the fatally misdesigned character expansions/reductions of Jane and Phlox. I'm sure it gets worse, but I'm probably going to have to finish it anyway, just in case they got anything at all right.


+++

No comments: