13.10.09

i know a dirty word.

















We received an unexpected financial donation today, and so like any responsible adults, we spent a tiny bit of it on Morale, which meant that we went to De Oranjerie for a shared steak and frites.

I'd somehow never been there before, but Mara's been a fan for a while. And what's not to like? Good steak, decent frites, superfriendly service, interesting peoplewatching, fantastic not-even-ironically-bad 80s pop on the stereo, and a neon sign that says "pijpen", which, yes, means "pipes", but is also the infinitive of "blowjob". I know, sometimes I'm ten years old.






2 comments:

Vicky said...

I have never been here either - why not I wonder? Was it worth the expenditure?

MEM said...

hey vicky....

totally worth it: the steak was only 12 euro IIRC, our beer tab was significantly more significant.

mara said the prawns are also worth having a look at...