16.2.10

vicariosity.



Wish I'd found this when I was sick this weekend. I think I've said before that sometimes Bourdain's world-weary cynicism schtick gets a little self-conscious and predictable for me, but then just frequently enough he slips into a different gear, an inspired zone where he seems not only smart, credible, and entertaining, but also engaged and happy, and so I keep watching.

The clip above is from the Best of Season 4 finale, and the brief clip with the Paulistas makes me want to watch that episode first.

+++

3 comments:

magda said...

I happen to love watching Bourdain's shows. I like his cynicism and bold attitude. Many people loathe him but he's a nice guy!!

MEM said...

I've decided that I mostly love watching Bourdain's shows...I watched almost all of Season 4 this past week, and the parts I enjoyed way outnumbered the parts I didn't...

dutchgrub said...

Thanks for having posted the video! Hadn't watched any of his shows in quite a while!

I loved reading "Kitchen Confidential". Guess the shows can be a little too much, but you have to love Bourdain's brash, NY style and give him credit for knowing what he's talking about.