17.4.10

nice ash.













Clouding minds left and right. Last night the cook had a couple of absent-minded moments. I would show you the picture of the burned pine nuts if I could get it off my camera.

I forgot my to put my SD card in my camera last night, so the photos were recorded to "built-in memory", which is a very, very safe place to keep things, because you need an unusual proprietary USB cable to get them off the camera. Annoying even when you can find the cable, and I can't find my cable.

And where are my Szechwan peppercorns??? These things don't just get up and walk off, as people's parents used to say.

Damn you, ASH CLOUD (drops to knees and raises fists to the sky)!!!

+++

smoked ma po tofu.

200gr smoked tofu, cubed
100gr ground pork
2 tbsp scallions
2 tbsp ginger
2 tbsp garlic
1/2 cup beer or wine
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp chili bean stuff
1/4 cup of some small dried red chilies if you're into pain

more scallions
missing Szechuan peppercorns
+++

2 comments:

Klary Koopmans said...

I suppose it´s all for the best that my absentmindedness isn´t out here for the world to see...

MEM said...

Well even if it was, no one knew it was you, did they...i was trying to protect you!