15.4.10

pregrounding.












I was in an amazing mood today when I woke up, and went to the park for awhile and sat in the sun. Then I went to Pacific Parc for a beer. Shortly thereafter, my mood headed in a less amazing direction when I found out that I wasn't actually flying out after all, passport or no passport. But, as they say on the street..."It's all good."

+++

Well, of course it's not all good. Some things are not. Volcanic ash, for example. Also, the service at Pacific Parc is not good. I would say it's ridiculously, laughably bad, and the food at Pacific Parc is just as bad, I'm afraid.

And yet...I continue to like going there, truly. Why would I go there instead of the Westergasterras? I don't know. Maybe it's the monkeys?

Really, somehow it works for me. You just shouldn't expect to eat anything, not even a tosti (last time I was there with KK she declared her tosti "the worst tosti ever", and tostis are a difficult thing to fuck up).

Also, you should sidestep the table service and get your own drinks at the bar, and then just enjoy the sunny terrace and/or the elaborate decor inside. Music's not terrible either.


No comments: