12.4.10

spooky tooth.























It's been an exciting couple of days. I discovered a new way to break your tooth (tortilla chip splitting molar in two: fast, effective). To counteract this, I had another positive dental experience at TandartsJordaan (that makes about 14 of them in a row now).

SUDDEN UPDATE: If you know me, of course you know what had to happen like an hour after I typed that last sentence. My fucking temporary crown came off, nearly killing me in the process. And that's why we (everyone say it together now)...Never Underestimate The Great Magnet.

+++

Before nearly choking to death on my own newly-minted artificial tooth, I also spent some quality time with the Reklame bin at De Avondmarkt. For you non-locals, the Reklame bin is quite like the Clearance rack in concept, except that most of the things in the Reklame bin were never for sale at non-Reklame prices...they start out there. I don't know if that makes sense to you or not.

The Reklame bin is one of my favorite things about De Avondmarkt (a store about which I love many things), because you never know exactly what's going to be in there, and sometimes it's very interesting and/or good.

Also often German, for some reason. Pictured above is a small piece of, yes, horse sausage. Made from horses. In the Clearance bin. Below, duck liver mousse. Just a small piece. Good thing I had this around, I needed some soft food this morning.

3 comments:

Zora said...

Oh gawd! I wish I hadn't read this right before bed! I always have bad dreams about my teeth falling out as it is.

And the Reklame bin: reminds me of when I lived in London, and the only thing we could afford at the butcher was labeled "Bacon Misshapes."

Seriously, good luck with the tooth thing.

MEM said...

Ooh, sorry I missed this...Misshapes is a much better term than Reklame.

Thanks for the good wishes....tooth currently under control.

MEM said...

sorry, i meant "more evocative" instead of "better".