13.5.10

back on the streets.



Above & below: Micachu & the Shapes, stuck in heavy rotation at VDuck Central.



+++

I'm going back to London. And I'm bringing my mooper. It might seem funny, but I liked the city a lot when I was there, and our free lodging just became even more practical since its owners are leaving for five weeks. So we're off again in about two weeks.

And you know what that means: some more travel planning.

+++

1) Seafood.

I didn't have any fish and chips last time I was there, and barely any other seafood at all.

2) Music.
  • The Luminaire. 311 Kilburn High Road, Brondesbury tube.
    Nice and small with relevant programming for us. Good reviews. Can't tell if the attitude is snotty or just busily practical.
  • Cafe Oto, 22 Ashwin Street, Dalston.
    Possibly too familiar, musically, but local Amsterdam friends recommended we have a look.
  • The Lexington, 96-98 Pentonville Road, Islington.
    Possibly notable for the Rough Trade pop quiz on Monday 31 May.
  • The Old Blue Last. 38 Great Eastern Street, Shoreditch.
    Looks interesting.
  • Notting Hill Arts Club. 21 Notting Hill Gate.
    Improbable, but the Rough Trade afternoon gigs might be OK.
  • Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen.
    Could be gross, need more research.
  • Stag's Head.
    More research needed.

No comments: