3.5.10

old frontiers.






















Photo by Klary. Ever forget about a food? I forgot about green peas for a few years. I'm pretty sure that the picture above is of the last time I'd green peas before tonight, at Marius in 2007, monkfish with pea and mint risotto.

Three years without green peas. And I like peas. I just forget about them. Tonight I made a pea recipe from Mr. Jamie Oliver that is a total keeper. He has you putting a good bit of mint in there as well, but I made it without tonight and it was great. Really perfect proportions.

+++

pea mash with or without mint.

+++

2 tbsp olive oil
3 scallions, chopped
500 grams frozen green peas, defrosted
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
Ample sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped scallions, mint if using, and peas. Saute for 1 minute, cover, and leave for a few minutes to steam. Mash or don't, with or without masher. Add butter, heat until melted and season with salt and pepper to taste.

+++

No comments: