25.5.10

voyage of discovery.























I made this a couple times last month and never posted about it b/c I never repeated the recipe the same way, and now here I am making it a 4th time with yet another slightly different recipe.

I don't think this one's the final version either: this one is a bit too cheesy, and I'd like to try it with ground almonds in place of the bread crumbs that most of these recipes use. But here it is.

+++

zucchini lasagna.

+++

2 biggish zucchini, sliced lengthwise
as thinly as time and patience allow

250 gr mozzarella
250 gr ricotta
1 cup finely grated pecorino, parmesan,
or if you're desperate, oude kaas

3 cups red sauce

3 small onions, chopped
1 or 2 cans cheap mushrooms, drained and chopped
or fresh ones but canned fit my schedule better

freshly grated nutmeg
possibly basil
salt
pepper

future possible additions: ground almonds, mint

+++

I brown my zucchini first, but you don't have to. Assemble in layers as you would imagine: sauce on the bottom, then zucchini, onion/mushroom mixture, sauce, cheeses, repeat. Bake in 175C oven for 35 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes. Serves 3 or maybe 4 with a side dish.

+++

No comments: