19.7.10

pangalicious!




















Hi there, you may remember me, I'm VDuck. I realized today that I haven't been cooking at all, unless you count the bushel of fava beans I blanched and skinned and then decided I wasn't in the mood for yesterday.

If that weren't deflating enough, I then stepped one level below "not cooking": I bought a convenience food product. Called Pangalicious.

I know, how could I not buy it? It's true I love the panga. And they were on sale 2 for €3 (4 filets). And they're called Pangalicious.

Were they actually Pangalicious? I would say that they were 75% Pangalicious. The Mustard & Dill variety at least was subtle, pretty natural-seeming, and unoffensive in every way. Maybe I would even buy these again if they weren't 50% more expensive than normal panga.

+++

Quite possibly as a result of all this non-cookery, I woke up today feeling a little incomplete, so I thought hey let's really cook something, something that is always good: red chile sauce.

This is an extra simple one, about as simple as it gets, and it still seems to hit enough of the right notes to keep you entertained in the mouth department. It also has the advantage of having no animal fat in it, so it will keep for quite some time in the fridge. The recipe below really can't be called a recipe, can it.

+++

guajillo chile sauce.

10 guajillo chiles
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp marjoram
3 cups water
salt
pepper
honey

+++

No comments: