4.8.10

back and back and forth and forth.













The Moop hath returneth. And witheth her doth she bringeth: fishes! Smoked haddock caught in Lerwick; Shetland kippers; maple-smoked mackerel.

I had one of the kippers for lunch with an over-easy egg...well, actually, Andy showed up just as I had raised my fork to attack, and he said "kippers!" with such enthusiasm that I gave him my plate. And then I had the other kipper...pretty good.

For dinner, Mara made a kedgeree with the haddock, but one that was within the confines of me diet. It was super-surprisingly unusual and good, I dug the heck out of it.














+++

cauliflower kedgeree.

2 cups roasted cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 cup roasted onion
1 smoked haddock filet
1 hard-boiled egg
1 tsp good Indian curry powder
1 scallion, diced
1 tbsp butter

+++

No comments: