9.12.10

miracle at 38,000 feet.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that in-flight Wifi is the one single positive thing that has happened to the airline industry in the last 10 years. Surely it seems even more miraculously wonderful than it is because the whole rest of the transcontinental flying experience is just a relentless marathon of ugly humanity and seriously miserable business practices.

Sorry if I sound crabby. We've been in transit for 15 hours so far, just got all of our bags thoroughly taken apart in Detroit b/c the drug-sniffing dog was interested in them and we were coming from Amsterdam, made our connecting flight by like 2 minutes, and now we have 5 more hours to go, though I must say my ass is doing better than usual (on a plane).

Ahhhh, right, that's the downside of in-flight Wifi: I get to complain about flying while it's actually happening. I'll try to stop. Let's talk again after there's been some distance between my ass and this seat.

+++

No comments: