9.2.11

slapicon.

















I can never find this when I need it, mostly because I don't own the cookbook. So here's Marcella's onion frittata recipe. There's going to be an adaptation that involves some southwestern elements. Haven't quite figured out the deets, but I think it will include rosemary, basil, bacon, Parmesan, caramelized onions, roasted red pepper, poblanos, and...somehow corn.

Let's give the ingredients a shot.

+++

bacon + green chile frittata bites.

4 cups onions
butter

3/4 cup cooked bacon
1 tsp roasted garlic
5 eggs
1/2 cup green chiles, chopped
2/3 cup cheese
rosemary
fresh basil

+++

We'll see. And this here's the new shrimpless version of our fvorite slpicon. One of my keys is not working properly. Salpicon.

+++

salpicón di panga.

4 panga filets
thyme
powdered bay leaf
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tsp capers
4 tbsp pickles
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
juice of a lemon
1 egg, hard-boiled
salt
pepper

+++

No comments: