13.2.12

trouble herring.

Hmph. Today's my first day of trying to strictly limit my computer time, and I must say...it kind of sucks. I should say "internet time" instead of "computer time", b/c really, a computer with no internet is pretty much a workstation. Tomorrow I'm taking the hardcore step of unplugging my router after an hour of work at breakfast.

It's just that, OK, let's say I'm making music. I record on a laptop, b/c it's stupid not to. However, as soon as I get an idea that requires something not on my machine, or I have a technical problem that I want to check the forums for, etc....I'm back on the net. So tomorrow I pretend there's no net.

I'm like a fucking five year old.

+++

A five year old who loves herring!!!

Maybe love is a bit strong, but I do really like it in most forms. One of my favorite forms, however, is this Swedish shit I had this summer, marinated in cloves and allspice and vinegar and a little sugar. For the briefest moment today I had a fantasy of going to Ikea to get some, and then I realized that this is not really the kind of productivity I had in mind.

So when I feel like I deserve some more computer time I'll find a recipe.

FROWN
FROWN
FROWN

+++

No comments: