16.10.12

ill communication.
























So there I was, repeatedly vacuuming my own head in an attempt to demonstrate to Mačka that there was really no good reason to be afraid of the vacuum cleaner, I think I was even saying "See? It's fine, look...Daddy's not getting hurt," or some such nonsense, when I realized (prepare for improper semicolon use): A) I was doing this in total seriousness, without a hint of self-awareness or irony, my singular goal was inter-species communication; B) I am not really my cat's "Daddy", at least non-sexually; and, C) no one else was probably engaging in this embarrassing ridiculousness right now, anywhere.

+++

Why was I vacuuming in the first place you might ask. It was another Bao Night at Casa Moop, in belated honor of ze Noops turning 40. Everything was pretty much the same as previous Bao Nights except that we had to reboot the fkn oven midway through (it keeps overheating and tripping some kind of "helpful" shutdown mechanism, after which, wearing hot mitts, you have to: lift/pull the still-hot oven away from the wall, unscrew the back, flip a hidden switch, reassemble, and resume cooking), and Merle ze Poodle would NOT stop humping my goddamn leg at all, nearly overheating his own damn self (pic forthcoming)...the poor bastard nearly had a damn heart attack cos my leg is so unstoppably SEXXX.

Oh yeh also I made ginger-pickled beets (grated ginger, rice vinegar, sugar, salt) and did a different coconut shrimp recipe than in the past cause I was making them instead of the Mara.

+++

lemongrass-coconut prawns.


24 tiger prawns, raw, peeled

2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled, minced very fine
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded

2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp powdered lemongrass
1/2 tsp powdered galangal

1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup toasted coconut
50g coconut milk
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce, or more, to taste

A bunch of fresh coriander, chopped

+++

No comments: