20.5.13

'taz, day 39.

Just decided that it's called "the 'taz" from now on. Same 15mg dosage, effects still evolving: Friday night I tried to put my headphones in my eyes. It wasn't like multiple sustained attempts or anything ("why won't these things go, ernh, IN HERE [pop]"), but it was the kind of very natural-feeling, completely-wrong impulse which confirms my suspicion that I should never be out of the apartment after taking this (or "'tazzing", as I'm sure someone somewhere calls it).

Weight: holding steady through some moments of serious weakness, still almost two kilos less than where I started, of course I'm sure this is b/c I'm still consuming about 1500 calories a day. Number one craving food at this moment: flour tortillas. Weird. Sweet tooth not so bad anymore but still a battle some nights. When it hits, nothing is sweet enough. I read somewhere about a 'tazzer being compelled to eat sugar straight from the jar and...I hear you.

Emotions: finally had a full-fledged one today after vague hints of it over the weekend. Not too dark, kind of cleansing in a resetting way.

This recipe is adapted from an adaptation from the Austin American Statesman.

+++

lemon buttermilk ice cream.

2 cups raw sugar, processed to be superfine
4 lemons, zested and juiced
500ml buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

Place the sugar in a large container to chill in the refrigerator. After an hour or so, take 2 to 3 teaspoons of the lemon zest and put in the container with the sugar. Add ½ cup of lemon juice and to the sugar and stir to combine. Add the buttermilk and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Chill the mixture for 4 hours or overnight. Freeze in ice cream maker according to ze instructions.

+++

No comments: