9.6.13

bites in de pijp.

A few weeks back I thought I was going to meet a visiting friend for dinner, and there were a couple of important considerations: she was on foot; neither of us had a lot of money to spend; and she was staying in de Pijp, somewhere where I don't hang very much these days.

So, unsurprisingly, I did some research. And I found out that what I was looking for was harder to find than I expected. I eventually decided on Vamos a Ver, because she likes Spanish food and it gets great reviews, but plans changed and we didn't actually go there after all and I forgot about it. 

Then last week I was looking for a place for Moop and I to chomp something after a visit to Albert Cuypmarkt, thus also in de Pijp, and yes all my research came rushing back to me. So here are my places to maybe have an affordable bite down there*. Haven't tried any of them except Little Collins.

+++

Boca's
Sarphatipark 4

Perry's Exotische Food
Cornelis Troostplein 7

Orontes
Albert Cuypstraat 40

Warung Swietie Lelydorp
1e Sweelinckstraat 1

Vamos a Ver
Govert Flinckstraat 308

The ButcherBBQ/grill
Albert Cuypstraat 129

Barra
Eerste Sweelinckstraat 23

Dopey's Elixer
Lutmastraat 49

Zaza's
Daniel Stalpertstraat 103

Little Collins
Eerste Sweelinckstraat 19F

+++

* "Down there" meaning de Pijp, the neighborhood.

+++

No comments: