3.1.14

year one.























All battles still in progress, but not in a totally depressing way. If you've talked to me in person recently I've probably discussed or at least uninformatively alluded to something I'll now refer to as Headspace Maintenance. It is still in progress. Everything is still in progress.

Somewhat relatedly, a wise old friend just reminded me of a book that I think my parents either owned or gave to me at some point, or somebody gave it to me, it obviously made a huge impression, ha. But it came into the public consciousness in 1984 or so, so it was shared with me probably decades ago, before I would've believed anything in it, or would've possessed any critical-thinking capacity at all, and its unfortunately banal title is meaningless enough for me not to have remembered or recognized it by that information alone. When I saw the (also superbland and uninspiring, sorry to be so critical) cover though, it kind of came back to me a little. Anyway, it starts with the following paragraph:
“Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult-once we truly understand and accept it-then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.”
Overall bestselling self-helpiness of the original publication aside, I'm thinking that this general mindset, while perhaps being even older than the 1980s, may still possibly be worth looking into.

+++

No comments: